an der Straße Im Tal oder Neuhausenbrücke
Kirche / RVO Linie 845 oder 846
Ramsau, Im Tal
Church Guide Ramsau b. Berchtesgaden
The Ramsau parish church St. Sebastian (built from 1512) is world-known. Painted by artists and photographed thousands of times, it features in countless calendars. Its interior is also worth seeing: the late Gothic altar with the image of the holy St. Sebastian, the two side altars and figures from the 15th century of the 12 apostles with Jesus in the middle on the balustrade of the organ gallery. The organ, built in 1881 in the highly regarded house of the organ-specialist Steinmeyer family, rises above the gallery. The gallery itself is a historical rarity because of its special register chambers and tone and key action. After several other locations, it found its place in the church in 1992. In 1615, the seats on the church benches were first distributed to 99 families from Ramsau. The old name boards still exist but no longer represent a right for a place.